Catering Applications are now open for The Big Weekend 5th – 7th July 2019, Parkers Piece, Cambridge.
The catering applications for The Big Weekend & Mela 2019 are now open! The deadline for applications is midday, Monday 12th March 2019.
Applications can be completed using our online form HERE
The Big Weekend & Mela is a free to attend, non-ticketed, community event comprised of three days of free family entertainment on the central area of Parker’s Piece, provided by Cambridge City Council, and organised by the charity Cambridge Live.
Friday trading times: 6pm – 10.30pm. Entertainment on Friday includes pop in the park on the main stage followed by a firework display. Approximate attendance on the Friday evening is 8,000.
Saturday Trading times: 12 noon – 10:30pm. Saturday is a family entertainment day that includes local acts, world music, and headliners on the main stage, a local musicians stage, walkabout entertainers, family activities, children’s entertainment, a sports zone, a bar, and a French market. Attendance is approximately 15,000 throughout the Saturday.
Sunday trading times: 12 noon – 8pm. Sunday is the Cambridge Mela -a celebration of Asian and international culture with local community groups providing entertainment. The French market continues, and the bar, and there will also be some Mela traders selling Arts and Crafts. Attendance is approximately 6,000.
Please note that in order to submit your application you will need to provide us with copies of the following documents so please ensure you have ready when applying:
- Evidence of being registered with your local authority (i.e. Registration letter or food hygiene rating letter)
- Your Proposed Menu and Price List
- Photos of unit
- Vehicle registration details
- Food Hygiene Training Certificates of Food Handlers
- Allergen Lists
- Gas Safety Certificates (if applicable)
- Electrical appliances PAT test certificates
- Your Health and Safety Risk Assessment for catering at outdoor events
- Your current third party, employers liability (if applicable), and Public and Products Liability Insurance
- Social Media Links (Optional)
If you require a paper copy or need any further details, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01223 791783.
(Photo Jordan Harris)