Cambridge Classical Series education programme
Through Create we, along with our Create partner Millers Music want to open up the world of Classical music to younger people in Cambridge and the surrounding areas. What greater gift could we give to young aspiring musicians in this city than the opportunity to perform alongside, and learn from, the world class musicians that perform as part of our Classical Series? Through Create we want to:
- help nurture emerging musical talent
- give young musicians the opportunity to perform alongside professional artists and to take part in a variety of inspiring creative workshops
- provide a platform for young people to engage with classical music for the first time
Previous opportunities have included a large-scale percussion project, where school children from Cambridge worked with Dame Evelyn Glennie to create a piece of music that was then performed in the Corn Exchange. This year, young brass players got the chance to perform alongside Alison Balsom, in front of a 1000 strong audience. Whether we introduce young people to classical music for the first time, or help them take the next step in developing their musical talents, these ambitious projects make a huge difference to these young people and securing the future of classical music.
There are lots of exciting activities planned for our 2017-18 series, but, as a registered Charity, Cambridge Live needs your help to make these plans a reality, you do this by becoming a Create Supporter.
Become a Create Supporter
- Donate as you book and make a difference every time you book a ticket for a Classical concert.
- A donation of £100 or more will make a significant contribution to our education project feautirng Artist in Residence, Esther Yoo
To find out more please contact Elaine Midgley, Business Development Director on 01223 791752 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you pay tax, you can also Gift Aid your donation, increasing its value by 25% at no additional cost to you.
Registered Charity Number 1159593