From the 22nd - 24th January 2016 Cambridge Folk Festival brought a small number of their previous Hub Band Project musicians to Celtic Connections for a couple of days of music making and concerts; an opportunity to further develop their musicianship.
We spoke to Rosie Hood from The Hub Project to see what her and our lucky three previous Hub Band Project musicians got up to during their visit to Celtic Connections in Glasgow!
Arrival in Glasgow!
- Concert: Baaba Maal, Eska
- Session: Late night music session, sharing tunes with one another, finding shared repertoire
- Concert: Strathspey & Surreal (compositions for 21 fiddles)
- Exploring Glasgow
- Concert: Fèis Rois 30th Anniversary concert
- Reception: networking with Fèis Rois musicians past & present, board members, staff etc.
- Session: Late night music session, mostly listening to Alisdair Fraser & Natalie Haas
- Workshop: led by John Somerville (Treacherous Orchestra), focusing on composing/arranging
- Sharing session: socialising with Fèis Rois musicians and sharing influences/music