Display at 7pm, Monday 5th November 2018
Midsummer Common, Cambridge.
6pm -10pm, fireworks display at 7pm
Cambridge's Bonfire Night is one of the most popular events in the city's calendar and Cambridge City Council are proud to have provided this free event for over 20 years. This would not be possible without the generous support of many local businesses as well as donations from the general public.
Bonfire, food stalls and fairground rides 6pm – 10pm. The first rocket will be launched at 7pm followed by the lighting of the bonfire.
Large numbers of people are anticipated, allow plenty of time for your journey, arrive early and wherever possible walk, cycle, or use public transport.
In order to create such a superb free public display of this scale, in addition to support from the business community contributions from the public are essential and donations of at least £3 are encouraged. Text BANG to 70500. Please give generously to help keep this great event alive.
Compere for the evening will be BBC Radio Cambridgeshire's Jeremy Sallis
2018 Park and Ride Firework information
Download the map and this information in PDF format HERE
Information for Disabled People
To download the information sheet please click HERE
Road Closure Information
• Victoria Avenue, Trafalgar Road, Trafalgar Street, Fair Street, New Square, Jesus Lane and Kings Street between Four Lamps Roundabout and Manor Street, and a part closure of Maids Causeway between 6.00pm and 9.00pm, as the crowds build up.
• In the interests of safety, there will be no access for vehicles including local residents, blue badge holders or taxis for the duration of the road closures.
• Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
• For the duration of the road closures, Short Street and Bridge Street should be used to leave the area.
• Access to the De Freville Estate will be via a one one-way system between 6.00pm and 9.00pm, in order to reduce traffic congestion experienced previously on this night. Hamilton Road will be one way, westbound only and there will be no entry into Hamilton Road from Chesterton Road. Aylestone Roadd will beone way, westbound only. Pretoria Road will be one way, northbound only. Kimberley Road will be one way, southbound only.
• Lime Kiln Road, between Worts Causeway and Queen Edith's Way, will be closed to vehicles, between 6.15pm and 7.45pm
Register now to assist with Cambridge's Bonfire Night Charity Bucket Collection